IT-Legal Update: Initial Coin Offerings & Smart Contracts
22. November 2017
As part of the imh online seminar "IT-Legal Update" Arthur Stadler and Oliver Völkel will discuss the topics of Initial Coin Offerings and Smart Contracts: legal aspects and opportunities, application examples and liability in case of errors. The seminar takes place on the 22 November 2017.
The concept: 12 x per year, experts are presenting topics at a fixed date and time via Internet livestream. Participants can log in before the discussions starts and participate in the live event. Throughout the entire live seminar, participants have the opportunity to ask questions through a chat function.
The seminar: Legal aspects / Initial Coin Offerings / Smart Contracts (22 November 2017)
- What is the blockchain? How can it be legally qualified?
- Legal and practical opportunities and application examples
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) – What are ICOs? Are regulatory approvals required for ICOs in Austria?
- Legal challenges of / for financing in Austria
- Blockchain application with Bitcoin as an example (as payment form)
- Smart Contracts – how to deal with them from a legal perspective?
- Liability in case of errors? Data protection.
You can find more information here.